Did you know you can learn the best time to eat lunch, ask for a raise, have sex, write a novel, take your meds and more?
In this episode Roger talks to Dr. Michael Breus. Dr. Breus is a sleep specialist and has written a new book called The Power of When – its currently the #1 book on Amazon in the Time Management category.
In The Power of When Dr. Breus talks about chronotypes. What is a chronotype? Your body has been programmed to function much better at certain times of the day than others. Based on general morningness and eveningness preferences, different people fall into different classifications, called “Chronotypes”.There are four Chronotypes (Dolphin, Lion, Bear, and Wolf), and most people fit into the “Bear” category. You can even take a free quiz to learn which of the four chronotypes you are.
The ManTalks Podcast
Some questions Roger asks:
- What is Michael’s defining moment as a man? (2:30)
- What is your book about, and who is the book for? (4:36)
- What is a Chronotype? (6:34)
- What are the different types of Chronotype? (9:05)
- What your partner is a different Chronotype, how can you make that work together? (14:04)
- Is the best thing you can do as a manager is to get your co-workers to take Michael’s Chronotype quiz? (16:10)
- What is some advice for working with co-workers with different Chronotypes? (17:21)
- Should we feel guilty about getting extra sleep? (20:27)
- Do Chronotypes change throughout a person’s life? (21:24)
- What would you say our current sleep state is as a society? (23:02)
- Do naps work better for certain Chronotypes then others? (25:41)
- How could meditation help certain Chronotypes? (28:21)
- What’s the legacy you want to leave? (36:50)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Thank You to the Team:
Editing & Mixing by: Aaron Johnson Theme music by: Parlange & Latenite Automatic
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.