17 Jul Lisa Feldman Barrett – The Neuroscience Behind Emotions
Lisa Feldman Barrett, PhD, is a University Distinguished Professor of Psychology at Northeastern University, with appointments at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital in Psychiatry and Radiology. Dr. Barrett received a NIH Director’s Pioneer Award for her research on emotion in the brain, and the 2018 APS Mentor Award For Lifetime Achievement.
Some questions Connor asks Lisa Feldman Barrett:
- Could you share a defining moment for you? – 3:33
- Have you seen a lot of people go through self-deception? – 8:42
- What is the 2000 year-old assumption? – 10:58
- In your book you mention ”emotions are constructed by our brains” can you unpack that idea? – 19:23
- Is it possible to change your emotional state based on your physiology? – 27:43
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Thank You to the Team:
Editing & Mixing by: Aaron Johnson